Writing an article is something most people aren’t excited about. For many, writing an article isn’t worth the effort, especially if no one reads it in the end. In fact, that’s the very reason why most people who write articles get so dismayed. And although reading an article can seem just as boring as writing one, articles were made to be read… and it will be, as long as it is well-written.
You don’t have to be a professional writer to be able to write well-written, entertaining articles. In order to get your articles read, most of the time, all you need is a system and some tips or guidelines to follow. Don’t worry, once you get used to writing articles, you’ll be able to enjoy it and maybe even use it to earn money.
Having enough knowledge about the topic you are going to write means that you’ll have a better chance to get your articles read. Aside from that, when you’re familiar with your topic, you won’t have a hard time writing your article, so that’s one less thing to worry about.
Here are a few more guidelines for you to follow to be able to get your articles read.
- Short Paragraphs – Just imagine reading a block of text. Now imagine your article being exactly that, a block of text. It’s not a pretty picture, isn’t it? To keep your readers from running away at the sight of your article, make sure to avoid long paragraphs and turn them into shorter, less scary, less boring, less nauseating paragraphs instead.
- Number and Bullets – Like short paragraphs, putting breaks such as numbers or bullets will make your article easier to read. The little breaks in your article will ensure that you are able to get your articles read and, even, enjoyed by your readers.
- Sub-headings – Aside from numbers and bullets, sub-headings are also another way to break your article to make it more readable. The flow of your article will be smoother and less complicated with breaks such as these. Sections will also make your article look cleaner and less dull.
- Title – One of the most important factors that will get your articles read is the title. A catchy title will definitely grab anyone’s attention and from there, the readers can work their way through your article without hesitation. As much as possible, use common words or phrases that most people search for to grab even more attention to your article.
- Choice of Words – Get your articles read by turning them into a work of art. By this I mean, make your article come to life or more colorful by adding in fun facts or funny stories, personal experiences, life lessons, witty remarks, and more. This way, your readers will be able to enjoy your article.
Figures – Use numbers to support facts if needed, but always watch out for too professional articles. To get your articles read by many, always keep your article free flowing, conversational, entertaining and fun.